My fascination with quinoa continues with week with my latest creation - Chocolate Banana Breakfast Quinoa.
I have to say that this is my favourite breakfast quinoa combination to date, and I have already had it for breakfast several times. It is safe to say that I am big chocolate fan and to be honest, I can't really live without it (and why should I!) But I do want to find healthier alternatives. So when I made this recipe and tasted it for the first time, I knew that I was onto a winner.
What is one food that you cannot live without? Let me know on Facebook or in the comments below.
Chocolate Banana Breakfast Quinoa
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed (I used organic, white grain quinoa here)
- 1 cup almond milk (or water for nut free version)
- 1/2 banana, mashed plus extra slices for topping
- 2 teaspoons cacao
- 1 tablespoon honey or organic maple syrup
- Bring almond milk (or water), quinoa to a boil in a medium saucepan
- Turn heat to low and simmer, covered for 15 minutes, or until the water is fully absorbed
- Remove from heat
- Cover with a tea towel or napkin and rest for 5 minutes
- Add mashed banana, cacao and your sweetener and mix through well.
- Serve with sliced banana
Ness is a qualified nutritionist, a life & wellness coach in-training, and a mother of two gorgeous and extremely energetic toddlers. She has created Becomingness, a health and wellness website, to help women achieve their health and wellness goals by providing accurate, accessible and attractive products and services that promote motivation, empowerment, self-belief and happiness. Come say hello and follow Ness on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Pinterest.