Welcome to my Christmas Recipe Countdown, where each day leading up to Christmas, I will be sharing recipes from some of my Friday Foodies, as well as a few from myself.
Be prepared for healthy, mouth watering recipes that will help you to cater for all your festive season parties, dinners and get togethers. Each recipe is gluten, dairy and refined sugar free.
P.S. You can check out more Christmas recipes HERE.
Paleo Gingerbread Cookies
Prep Time: 40 min
Cook Time:25 min
Total Time: 1 hr 5 min
STUFF YOU NEED
- 300g almond meal
- 1 tbs. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder (gluten free)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 tbs. raw honey
- 1 tsp. 100% vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- In a large bowl mix the almond meal, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking powder. Leave this for now.
- In a food processor (we use our Vitamix), whiz the coconut oil, raw honey, vanilla extract + egg until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the food processor + whiz to form a dough (the mixture will be quite moist).
- Take out the mixture + knead a little to form a ball.
- Place the mixture between 2 pieces of baking paper + roll out to 3mm thick.
- Place this into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Once refrigerated, cookie-cut into desired shapes (like gingerbread men, stars + chrissy trees!) + place carefully onto a lined baking tray (you will need 2 trays).
- Place into the peheated oven + bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool + enjoy!
Note: spices can be adjusted to suit taste
We're Emma and Carla Papas, ‘The Merrymaker Sisters’ (also real life sisters!). We're health and happiness advocates, online entrepreneurs and passionate health coaches on a mission to merrymake over the world! We're the founders ofthemerrymakersisters.com where we inspire hundreds of thousands of people around the world with real food recipes, positive mindset advice and ways to find and follow your bliss. We believe that living a healthy lifestyle should be fun, easy and delicious, we're here to show you how to make changes for life.