I only discovered Golden Turmeric Latte recently.
I had heard about them but had never tried one. So when I recently visited my local health food store 'Newstead Organics' I decided to try one. I have been a fan ever since!
I have given up coffee as I am doing a 30 day gut health cleanse and these golden lattes as well as my other fave - matcha lattes have become my go-to morning drinks. Jason is also a fan of Golden Lattes as well. They are really amazing and if you have not tried one, then you have to try my recipe.
Plus, turmeric has amazing anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and gastrointestinal health benefits, largely due to curcumin, which is an antioxidant, which gives turmeric its golden colour.
In addition to the turmeric, I use my doTERRA ginger, cinnamon and black pepper essential oils to add to the flavour and also to provide some additional health benefits.
Ginger oil is is great for supporting gut health and Cinnamon oil supports a healthy metabolic function as well as maintaining a healthy immune system. The combination of the turmeric, ginger, cinnamon and black pepper are a big winner!
I usually make my lattes in my Thermomix, but I have also included the regular method in the recipes as well as alternatives if you do not own essential oils. However, if you are wanting to try them, then check out my Purchase doTERRA Essential Oils page.
Golden Turmeric Latte
- 250 grams/1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 toothpick cinnamon essential oil (or 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon)
- 1 toothpick ginger essential oil (or 1/4 tsp ground ginger)
- 1 toothpick black pepper essential oil (or 1/4 tsp ground black pepper)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp stevia
- Add the almond milk to the Thermomix bowl and heat for 3 minutes/80/speed 2
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix for 30 seconds/speed 8 until nice and frothy.
- Heat the almond in a small saucepan on medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until just warmed.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until frothy.