I distinctly remember when I realised that I needed a new, better, kick-arse blender. The bottom of my old blender jug fell off when I was making a smoothie and everything went everywhere. It was obvious that the standard fare I could purchase from a department store wasn't a sure thing - this one had only lasted about 4 months. So I looked at a few different options and the one that impressed me the most (within a budget that wasn't going to stretch to a Vitamix or a Thermomix) was the Omniblend. Their models had the features of more expensive blenders, including a 3hp motor, but was advertised at a very competitive price. It also seemed to have a good local presence and warranty.
They sell a few different models - the one that I went with (and can recommend) is the OmniBlend V. You can find more information about it here. I have two now, and there's rarely a day goes by that I don't use them. I have created many recipes (check out the above photos) using my Omniblend, including my Gluten Free Banana & Macadamia Bread, Raw Lemon Tart and Carrot Cake Smoothie.
Last year I entered a food photography and recipe competition run by Omniblend, and was absolutely shocked and flattered to win first prize (which is how I got my second blender). It also saw my Raw Chocolate Raspberry Slice photo on the front of one of these fantastic Omniblend recipe books.
Here is a little bit of information about each of the books:
A collection of sweet and savoury recipes that are gluten and dairy free, created especially for the Omniblend.
A collection of drinks, smoothies, cocktails and desserts that are created especially for the Omniblend.
A collection of sweet and savoury recipes that were created and photographed by the Omniblend community.
How to purchase
There are a number of different ways to get your hands on these awesome recipe books.
Every purchase of an Omniblend will include all three books - all of which I have read, used, and can recommend! If you are in the market for a new blender, then you should check out Omniblend. If you use the code BECOMINGNESS at checkout, you will also receive a discount on the purchase of one of their blenders. Click HERE for more information.
You can also purchase the recipe books separately or as a bundle. Click HERE for more information.
And, finally, I am excited to announce that I am running a giveaway for you to win a set of all three books.
Omniblend Recipe Books Giveaway
(Competition Now Closed)
Due to the generous support from Omniblend, I have a unique opportunity for you today to win a set of the Omniblend recipe books - Essential Recipes, Liquid Revolution & Friendly Recipes. The recipes are created especially to use with your Omniblend or a high quality blender.
How to enter
- You need subscribe to my email updates (if you haven't done so already). Click HERE to subscribe. You will also receive a free copy of my mini eCookbook - "Healthy Dinner Eats" when you sign up.
- Then, come back and comment on this post with why you would like to win this amazing prize.
- Like Becomingness on Facebook (1 bonus entry).
- Like Omniblend Australia on Facebook (1 bonus entry).
- You can have up to three entries in total. Make sure you let me know if you have liked the Facebook pages for the bonus entries as I cannot always check depending on your Facebook privacy settings.
- The competition closes at 4pm, Monday 16 February 2015 (AEDT) and the winner will be announced to my newsletter subscribers and Facebook later in the day.
- I will be assigning a number to every entry and the winner will be picked at random using random.org.
- This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
(Competition Now Closed)
Vanessa Vickery (or Ness as she is also known) is a qualified nutritionist and a mother of two energetic toddlers. She created Becomingness, a health and wellness website, to help women achieve their health and wellness goals by providing accurate, accessible information, as well as offering valuable products and services that promote motivation, empowerment, self-belief and happiness. She is also the author of the eCookbook, BecomingSweet – say yes to dessert again! Come say hello and follow Ness on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Pinterest.