Do you have days where you want to eat cake but don't want the associated guilt? Then look no further than my Raspberry Mug Cake.
It is the perfect dessert in so many ways - 1) It tastes delicious 2) It is healthy 3) It is both gluten and dairy free, and 4) It only takes a few minutes (both to make and to eat).
I discovered mug cakes a few years ago after seeing them regularly mentioned on one of the healthy eating Facebook forums that I was following. I have made quite a few different flavour combinations, including Chocolate Mug Cake and Banana Mug Cake.
Which one is your favourite?
Raspberry Mug Cake
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/4 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons almond milk (or coconut milk for a nut free alternative)
- Add the dry ingredients (cinammon, coconut flour, baking powder) to a medium (or large size) mug and mix.
- Add the melted coconut oil and honey and combine with the dry ingredients.
- Add the remainder of the wet ingredients and mix well. (The mixture can get a bit stuck on the sides, so make sure you scrap the sides down)
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through (the mug cake should be soft and springy to touch).
Ness is a qualified nutritionist, a life & wellness coach in-training, and a mother of two gorgeous and extremely energetic toddlers. She has created Becomingness, a health and wellness website, to help women achieve their health and wellness goals by providing accurate, accessible and attractive products and services that promote motivation, empowerment, self-belief and happiness. Come say hello and follow Ness on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Pinterest.