There are not too many words that need to be said about Raw Caramel Slice. It is delicious and is a wow factor dessert and best of all is packed full of healthy ingredients. It is fairly easy to make as long as you have a decent blender or food processor.
I would have to say that it is my favourite of all the desserts that I have made so far. Other desserts that rate highly (in my opinion!) , which you should check out are my Raw Cookie Dough Bars and Raw Chocolate Raspberry Slice.
- 12 medjool dates, pits removed
- ½ cup macadamias
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 12 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup raw macadamias
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons tahini (either hulled or unhulled)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (honey would also work)
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- To make the base, add the base ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor and blend until it resembles fine crumbs and sticks together when pressed. Spoon mixture into a lined slice tin (20x20cm) and press down with the back of a spoon. Place in the freezer.
- To make the caramel layer, add the caramel layer ingredients to a high speed blender and process until completely combined and smooth. You may need to add a little more water to help blend the ingredients. Spoon the mixture on top of the base, smooth with the back of a spoon and return it to the freezer to set.
- To make the chocolate layer, melt the coconut oil in saucepan on low heat. Once melted, remove from heat and add the maple syrup (or honey), whisking briskly until well combined. Then add the cacao powder, stirring until well mixed through. Pour the chocolate on top of the caramel filling and make sure it is evenly spread. Place back into the freezer and let it set completely (around 1 hour). Please note that the top layer does not need to be made until the middle layer has set completely.
- Remove from the tin, slice straight away and store in an airtight container in the freezer.
The cook time does not include the time it takes for this raw caramel slice to set in the freezer