I am totally sold on raw desserts. I love that they are full of healthy ingredients, are easy to make and taste so fresh. This Raw Carrot Cake with Macadamia Frosting is no exception. I found the recipe over at The Rawsome Vegan Life and decided that I needed to make it asap.
I made a few changes, notably the frosting. The original is made with cashew cream cheese frosting and my version is made with macadamia frosting. I have also made a Chocolate Chia Pecan Pie from this site and I have a few other recipes that I found on this site that I am looking forward to bringing you.
Raw Carrot Cake with Macadamia Frosting
Serves 8 - 12
- 2 cups macadamias, preferably soaked for a couple hours
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup organic maple syrup
- Water, as needed (I added ¾ cup)
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 2 cup medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup organic shredded or desiccated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Walnuts (as many as needed)
- To make the macadamia frosting, blend all ingredients in your blender (high speed preferably) until smooth, adding in some water as needed.
- To make the cake, chop the carrots into small pieces and then throw into your food processor with the other cake ingredients and pulse until it's all in really small pieces and sticks together.
- To assemble, put half of the cake mix into the bottom of a lined spring-form cake tin and press firmly with a spoon. Then spread on about 1/3 of the macadamia frosting. Then place into the freezer until the macadamia frosting is hard.
- Then put the rest of the cake mix into the cake tin and press firmly with a spoon.
- The put the remainder of the macadamia frosting into the cake tin and place back into the freezer until the frosting is hard.
- When ready to serve, take out of the freezer and decorate with walnuts.
- Serve and enjoy
Have you tried a raw dessert? Let me know in the comments below.
PS Have you grabbed yourself a free copy of my mini eCookbook - Healthy Dinner Eats? It is free when you sign up to receive my email updates.
Ness is a qualified nutritionist, a life & wellness coach in-training, and a mother of two gorgeous and extremely energetic toddlers. She has created Becomingness, a health and wellness website, to help women achieve their health and wellness goals by providing accurate, accessible and attractive products and services that promote motivation, empowerment, self-belief and happiness. Come say hello and follow Ness on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Pinterest.