I have been a massive fan and user of essential oils for a number of years now.
They have replaced so many products in my house, from cooking products to cleaning products to beauty products as well as items in my medicine cabinet. I have replaced so many items over the years, some of which were toxic products.
The possibilities with how you can use the oils are endless. So, I have decided to put together 100 uses for the doTERRA Home Essentials Kit which contains the 10 most popular doTERRA essential oils.
You can make up so many different blends and home-made products using just these oils alone.
10 Uses for Lavender Essential Oil
- Add a few drops of Lavender Oil to your pillow or bottom of your feet for a restful night’s sleep. Works a treat!
- Sooth skin irritations by applying a few drops of Lavender Oil to 1 tablespoon of Fractionated Coconut Oil and then rub gently to the irritated area.
- Add a few drops to your bath water for a relaxing bath.
- Use in cooking to soften citrus flavours in lemon or wild-orange based sauces, marinades and dressings
- Combine Lavender Oil with water in a glass spray bottle to remove unwanted odours in your home.
- Mix Lavender Oil with Frankincense Oil to reduce sun spots. Apply in the morning, after your shower and also before you go to bed.
- Add 3 drops Lavender Oil, 3 drops Lime Oil and 1 drop Spearmint Oil to your diffuser to manage stress levels. This is one of my regular go-to diffuser blends.
- If you have had a full on day and need to unwind, diffuse 2 drops of Lavender Oil and 2 drops Frankincense Oil. It will do the trick!
- If you have been on your feet all day, apply a few drops of Lavender Oil and Lemongrass Oil to 1 tablespoon Fractionated Coconut Oil and rub on your feet and legs to help sooth sore muscles
- Make your own natural lip balm. Add a few drops of Lavender Oil to shea butter, jojoba oil or coconut butter/oil and rub onto your lips.
10 Uses for On Guard
- Add a few drops to your diffuser to cleanse the air especially during the cooler months. I like to also add a few drops of Easy Air/Breathe to for extra immune support.
- Rub on the bottom of your kid’s feet during school season for seasonal support. Make sure you dilute it first.
- Add to your all-purpose cleaner for a natural and safe way to clean your surfaces. Simply add 1/4 cup white vinegar, 1 + 3/4 cups water and 30 drops of On Guard to a 500ml glass spray bottle.
- Make your own roller bottle to help soothe an irritated throat. Simply add a few drops (according to dilution guidelines) and fill the remainder with Fractionated Coconut Oil.
- Cut up some apple and add the slice to a glass bowl filled with water. Add a few drops of On Guard to the water and let the apples soak for a few minutes. Then remove the apples and enjoy the immune boosting snack.
- Clean your bath tub using On Guard. Mix 5-6 drops with half a cup of bicarb soda to clean your bath tub. No more chemicals!!
- Want to remove odours from your car? Add a few drops of On Guard to your car’s cabin air filter to remove the odours.
- If you are like me and hate cleaning the oven with nasty chemicals, then you must try this safe and natural method. Make a mix of bicarb, water, On Guard and Lemon Essential Oil, apply, then scrub off.
- Gargle with a few drops of On Guard as a healthy mouth rinse for for an irritated throat.
- Make your own natural hand cleanser by combining a few drops of On Guard with Fractionated Coconut Oil.
10 Uses for Lemon Essential Oil
- Add 1-2 drops of Lemon Oil to your water for a refreshing taste. Lemon oil naturally cleanses the body and aids in digestion.
- Make your own natural cleaning spray. Add Lemon Oil to glass spray bottle of water and use to clean your kitchen and bathroom. You can even add a little vinegar to make it even stronger.
- Make your own lemon bliss balls. They are super easy to make and only made with 5 ingredients.
- Add 2 drops Lemon Oil, 1 drop Peppermint Oil and 3 drops Rosemary Oil to your diffuser to help you concentrate and stay focused.
- Lemon oil makes a great furniture polish. Just add a few drops to olive oil to clean, protect, and shine wood finishes.
- Put some Lemon Oil on a rag and use to remove that stubborn sticky residue or remove those sticky labels by applying directly to the label, wait a few minutes and then it will peel off.
- Make your own teeth whitener. Mix a few drops of Lemon Oil, baking soda and coconut oil and rub on your teeth for 2 minutes and then rinse.
- Lemon Oil is great for removing grease from your hands after working on your car and bike.
- Soak a cloth in Lemon Oil to preserve and protect your leather furniture, clothes or shoes.
- Add 1 drop to your warm tea to soothe your throat and support a healthy immune function.
10 Uses for Frankincense Essential Oil
- Inhale with Peppermint essential oil and Wild Orange essential for a quick pick me up. Works well around that mid-afternoon slump time.
- Add a few drops to your moisturizer to reduce the appearance of blemishes and to rejuvenate the skin.
- Strengthen weak fingernails by adding a drop of frankincense on your nails.
- Add a few drops of Frankincense essential oil to your bath to relieve your stress at the end of the day.
- Diffuse Frankincense before commencing your morning yoga or meditation practice. It will help you to focus your intention for the day.
- Use Frankincense with a cold compress after your workout to relieve tired and sore muscles.
- Need to get into your day and struggling to get focused? Then try this diffuser combo: 4 drops Peppermint oil, 4 drops Lemon oil and 2 drops Frankincense.
- Take one to two drops in a Veggie capsule to promote a healthy cellular function.
- Apply a few drops to the bottom of your feet to reduce strees, promote relaxation and to balance your mood.
- Dilute a drop of Frankincense in your herbal tea each day to maintain good health
10 Uses for Tea Tree Essential Oil (known as Melaleuca in the US)
- Make your own natural make up brush cleaner, just add 2 tablespoons Fractionated Coconut Oil and 5 drops each of Tea Tree Oil and Grapefruit Essential Oil to a small glass bowl. Check out the method for the natural brush cleaner.
- Tea Tree Oil works wonders for any occasional scrapes or skin irritations. Just dilute with Fractioned Coconut Oil and apply to the affected area.
- Keep your fingernails and toenails healthy by applying Tea Tree Oil after showering.
- Tea tree Oil is great to use to clean your house. Add 8-10 drops to 500ml glass water spray bottle filled with water. It works really well in damp places and in your bathroom.
- Does your washing smell a bit stale? Just add a few drop of Tea Tree Oil to your laundry detergent when washing your clothes and linen.
- Make your toilet cleaner. Just combine 10 drops of Tea Tree Oil with 1/2 cup baking soda and 1/4 cup vinegar to clean your toilet.
- Tea Tree Oil makes a great moisturiser for your face. Just add 1 drop in your moisturiser before applying to your face.
- Add 1-2 drops in your water to boost your immune function.
- Get rid of razor burn by applying Tea Tree Oil after shaving.
- Make your own natural mouth wash and breath freshener by adding 4-5 drops each of Tea Tree Oil and Peppermint Oil to a small glass spray bottle filled with boiled water.
10 Uses for Easy Air (known as Breathe in the US
- Make your own roller bottle of diluted Easy Air for seasonal respiratory support. Use 1-5 drops to 10ml of Fractionated Coconut Oil depending on the age. I have a few different ones made up in the house. Apply to your chest and inhale deeply to clear your airways.
- Sleep easier at night by adding a few drops to your diffuser by the bed. Easy Air promotes a calming effect.
- Apply a drop of Easy Air to your palms and take a deep breath to invigorate and enhance breathing. Perfect before you need to exercise.
- Boost your brain power and concentration. Either diffuse Easy Air in your workspace or add a drop to your palms and inhale.
- My favourite way to support my immune system during change of season is to diffuse Easy Air, On Guard and Manuka Essential Oils.
- Add a few drops on a pillow to help you sleep easier at night. This is great for people that do not like the oils applied directly on their skin.
- Add 1 drop of Easy Air and 1 drop of Wintergreen Oil in a sink of hot water. Then place a damp towel over your head and inhale deeply.
- Do you a have a space in your home that smells musty? Then diffuse Easy Air to make the space more breathable.
- Easy air is great to use if you are feeling anxious or claustrophobic.
- Does your house have that pet aroma from your lovely pets? Use Easy Air to diffuse the house, especially when you have guests coming over. They will thank you for it.
10 uses for Oregano Essential Oil
WARNING: Be very careful with Oregano essential oil as it is a very hot oil and one drop is usually enough. Make sure you dilute it with Fractionated Coconut oil or another carrier oil
- Add 2 – 3 drops in a veggie capsule or healthy immune support.
- Add 10 drops in a 500ml spray bottle of water to use as a counter-top spray.
- Add 1 drop of Oregano Oil to your pasta sauce, pizza sauce, on a roast or any other recipe that calls for oregano. As Oregano Oil is quite strong, you may want to add the drop to a spoon and use a toothpick to slowly add the oregano to the recipe. It is also preferable to add the oil at the end of cooking, as heat can alter essential oils.
- Add 1 drop of each of Oregano, On Guard, Lemon and Tea Tree (Melaleuca) Oil with 1 tablespoon of Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply to the bottom of your feet, chest and throat to support a healthy immune system.
- Oregano Oil supports healthy digestion. When experiencing occasional digestive issues, dilute one drop in water and drink.
- Feeling a little cold? Simply dilute one drop in several drops of Fractionated Coconut Oil and massage quickly into your hands and feet. I guarantee you will warm up.
- Diffuse a few drops of Oregano Oil with a few drops of Easy Air/Breathe at night time for respiratory support.
- Oregano Oil is great for using as an ointment on imperfections, bumps or irritated skin. You only needed the smallest amount as Oregano Oil is potent. Dilute 1 drop to 4 drops Fractionated Coconut Oil.
- Add Oregano Oil to your tea during winter to improve your immune system. Use the toothpick method to add a small amount of oregano.
- Add one drop each of Oregano, Rosemary, Thyme, Marjoram, and Basil Oils to two to three tablespoons sea salt for an awesome salt blend.
10 Uses for DigestZen
- DigestZen is a great tummy tamer. Dilute 1 drop of DigestZen with Fractionated Coconut Oil and massage onto yours or your child’s tummy.
- If you have an occasional stomach upset, add 1 drop of DigestZen to your glass of water and take it internally.
- DigestZen is great to have on hand when going out for dinner to help promote digestion when eating heavier meals.
- Had too much dairy? Add some DigestZen to a veggie capsule.
- Not a fan of plane trips? Make sure you have your DigestZen with you. You can also purchase the pre-diluted roller bottles.
- DigestZen can also be used to relive tension and sinus pressure. Simply dilute and apply to your temples.
- Going on a cruise? Make sure you take your DigestZen with you to relieve occasional tummy upsets.
- Make your own mouth rinse by adding 1-2 drops to 150mls water. This is great if you have eaten a meal with strong smells like tuna, garlic and onions.
- If you are going on a long car trip, diffuse some DigestZen in a car diffuse to help promote calm tummies.
- DigestZen can be used to ease feeling of queasiness.
10 uses for Peppermint Essential Oil
- Add 3 drops Bergamot Oil, 2 drops Grapefruit Oil and 1 drop Peppermint Oil to fight fatigue. This is my new favourite diffuser blend. If you have had a poor night's sleep then try this blend.
- I love to add Peppermint Oil to my coconut rough to make it a Minty Coconut Rough.
- Make your own breath freshener by mixing one drop of Peppermint Oil with one drop of Lemon Oil in water. Then take a sip and swirl around in your mouth.
- Support healthy breathing and open airways by diluting a drop of Peppermint Oil with Fractionated Coconut Oil and applying under your nose.
- Have you tried my raw peppermint slice? It is so yummy and made using Peppermint Oil. It will be a hit with your family and friends.
- Feeling stressed? Apply 1 drop of Peppermint Oil and 1 drop of Lavender Oil diluted to your neck and forehead to relieve stress and tension
- Add a few drops to homemade play dough for a refreshing and focus-enhancing kid's toy.
- Add Peppermint Oil to your shampoo or conditioner for a stimulating head massage.
- Need to cool down? Add Peppermint Oil to a glass spray bottle and spray your face, back of neck and feet
- Did I mention that I love to use Peppermint Oil in my cooking? Add 1 drop to your chocolate smoothie to make it choc-peppermint flavoured.
10 Uses for Ice Blue (known as Deep Blue in the US)
- Rub Ice Blue on your muscles before and after exercise to reduce discomfort
- Apply Ice Blue to your hands and feet after gardening to help relieve any discomfort.
- Rub Ice Blue on your lower back after any hard lifting. The cooling effect will bring you relief.
- If you spend a lot of time on the computer or your smart phone, try running some Ice Blue on your fingers, wrists, shoulders and neck. You can also purchase the Ice Blue Rub which is a topical cream.
- Ice Blue diluted with Fractionated Coconut Oil is a great for massaging after a long day or after a workout.
- Massage Ice Blue with a few drops of Fractionated Coconut Oil onto your growing kids’ legs before bedtime.
- Going on a hike or long bike ride, take some Ice Blue with you to help sooth tired muscles.
- If your kids come home from school or sport with a few bumps, apply Ice Blue diluted to the affected areas to help support localised blood flow.
- Relieve occasional cramps by making your own roller blend. Add 15 drops Lavender Oil, 10 drops Peppermint Oil, 4 drops Balance and 3 drops Ice Blue in a 5ml roller bottle and fill the rest with Fractionated Coconut Oil.
- Make your own muscle support that you can take with you wherever you go. Add 5 drops Frankincense Oil, 10 drops Lemongrass Oil and 20 drops Ice Blue in a 10ml roller bottle and fill with Fractionated Coconut Oil
How to purchase these amazing oils!
By opening a wholesale account you are able to purchase the Home Essentials Kit for $330.
If you were to purchase these oils separately, it would cost $360 (or $480 at the retail pricing), saving you $30 BUT you also get the Petal Diffuser (worth $55) AND 12 months enrollment (worth $35) PLUS you get 25% off all future orders!
So you can see that it is certainly worth buying the kit instead of buying the oils separately.
There are also other kits available that you can check out.
If that is something you are interested in doing then head over to HOW TO PURCHASE DOTERRA ESSENTIAL OILS page and follow the steps to open your account and purchase the oils.
You will then receive an email from me with lots of information plus invites to my private Facebook group.
If you are wanting to find out more information, then send me an email at email@example.com and I can help you out!
I look forward to welcoming you to my oily tribe.
These products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration or the Therapeutic Goods Administration and not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.