I decided that I needed to make Anzac Biscuits using my Anzac Slice recipe that I created last year.
I already have a Healthy Anzac Biscuit recipe on my blog, however it uses oats and butter, so I really wanted a biscuit recipe on Becomingness that was gluten, dairy and refined sugar free.
These Anzac Biscuits are so yummy! Delicious in fact!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup flaked almonds
- 1 cup organic shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon bi-carb soda
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Line square baking pan with baking paper
- Melt the coconut oil and maple syrup in a saucepan over a low heat. Remove from the heat, whisk well to combine. Mix the bi-carb soda and water in a small bowl, then add to the coconut oil & syrup mixture, stirring thoroughly
- Mix together the almond meal, flaked almonds, shredded coconut and coconut sugar in a bowl. Next pour in the liquid mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Using 1/8 cup measurement or soup spoons, scoop mixture on lined baking tray and flatten with hand or back of spoon.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until golden. Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.