These Baked Garlic Butter Sweet Potato Fries have been on the menu at the Becomingness household for many months now and I have been meaning to photograph them to share with you.
Actually to be honest, I have photographed them a few times, but was not happy with how they photographed. This time, I am happy with how they look, so I am finally able to share my recipe with you.
Originally, I used to make these oven baked fries with a bit of sea salt and some olive or coconut oil. But around six months ago, I tried them with the a garlic butter and haven’t gone back to my original recipe since. They are a hit with my family and also my friends.
- 1 medium sweet potato (approximately 500 grams), washed
- 2 tablespoons organic butter plus extra for greasing. melted
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celcius and lightly grease a baking tray or sheet.
- Slice sweet potatoes into fries and place them in a bowl. Add melted butter, garlic powder, sea salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix well. Pour over the fries, mixing well to combine.
- Place the fries in a single layer on the baking tray (or sheet) and place in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes or until crispy, turning over at the 15 minute mark.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
If your fries don’t crisp up after the 30 minute mark, try cooking them a bit longer or even placing them under the grill for a few minutes.