Have you ever had to throw out fruit and veggies as they have gone bad before you have had the chance to eat them or cook with them?
Well I have to admit, I have!!
It is never a nice feeling to waste food, especially if you have gone out of your way to purchase quality produce.
So, when I was asked if I was interested in sampling the new OXO Greensaver Range, it was big YES from me.
So, first I should give you some information about the products.
The Greensaver range works by using a unique system of safe, non-toxic, replaceable carbon filters to absorb the excess ethylene gas released by fruits and vegetables which causes the spoiling. The produce keepers feature an elevated basket to promote airflow around produce and preventing rotting, along with an adjustable vent that allows for differing humidity levels for storing different types of fruit and vegetables.
The Greensaer range comes in three stackable sizes (1.5L, 4L and 4.7L) and there is also a crisper insert that helps regulate the levels of ethylene gas in the vegetable drawer of any refrigerator. The costs are:
- OXO Greensaver Produce Keeper – 1.5L $54.95
- OXO Greensaver Produce Keeper – 4L $74.95
- OXO Greensaver Produce Keeper – 4.7L $79.95
- OXO Greensaver Crisper Insert $24.95
- OXO Greensaver Activated Carbon Refills – 4 pack $24.95
Note: That each Carbon filter lasts 3 months
I was given the 4.7 litre and 4 litre produce keepers to try out. 11 days ago (on the 20th of September) I placed celery and carrots in the the 4.7 litre produce keeper and apples, onions, tomatoes and zucchinis in the 4 litre produce keeper.
I also placed the same fruit and veggies in my fridge produce drawers to compare the results.
So how did my fruit and veggies go?
Well, as of today (the date of this post), all my produce in the Greensaver Produce Keepers are in the same condition as the day I purchase them - or very close to it.
In comparison, some of the produce that I kept in my refrigerator produce tubs only lasted a few days, before losing their freshness. In particular, the celery and zucchinis were the first to start to go bad. The tomatoes lasted a bit longer and the carrots and onion still seem ok.
I am really impressed with the results and I think that they are a great product.
There is a initial investment to purchase them, depending on how many you would like. But, you need to weigh up how much produce you have to throw out. The other benefit is that it will allow you space out your produce purchases.
So, you will save money or save time. WINNING either way!
You can purchase the OXO Greensaver Range from Howards Storage World selected Myer and Independent homeware stores.
For more information on the OXO Greensaver Range visit http://www.oxogreensaver.com.au/
Note: I was not remunerated for the review - but I do get to keep the Greensavers, which is great as I think they'll come in really handy.
OXO Greensaver Range Giveaway (Competition now closed!)
1 x Oxo Greensaver Produce Keeper 4.7L RRP $79.95
1 x Oxo Greensaver Produce Keeper 4L RRP $74.95
How to enter
- You need subscribe to my email updates (if you haven't done so already). Click HERE to subscribe. You will also receive a free copy of my mini eCookbook - "BecomingSweet - The Raw Edition" when you sign up.
- Then, come back and comment on this post with why you would like to win the Oxo Greensave Produce Keepers.
- The competition closes at 6pm, Monday 19 October 2015 (AEDT) and the winner will be announced on this post and social media later in the evening.
- The competition is open to Australian Residents only.
- I will be assigning a number to every entry and the winner will be picked at random using random.org.
- This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
Vanessa Vickery (or Ness as she is also known) is a qualified nutritionist and a mother of two energetic toddlers. She created Becomingness, a health and wellness website, to help women achieve their health and wellness goals by providing accurate, accessible information, as well as offering valuable products and services that promote motivation, empowerment, self-belief and happiness. Come say hello and follow Ness on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Pinterest.