What is not to love about Blueberry Muffins, especially when they are gluten, dairy, nut and refined sugar free?
These easy to make muffins takes around 10 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to bake and they will make a great addition to your child’s lunchbox, if they are able to bring cooked food that contains egg to their school.
Otherwise they will make a great after school snack.
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon gluten free baking powder
- 8 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2/3 cup coconut milk (canned)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (or rice malt syrup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/355F.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut flour and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, coconut milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, mixing thoroughly to combine. Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into lined muffin trays and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Leave to cool on a wire cooling rack.