In keeping with the quinoa recipe theme this week, this time I bring you my recipe for Breakfast Quinoa with Blueberries, Coconut and Walnuts.
I am such a big fan of quinoa as it is a great substitute for rice and oats and is great for anyone who follows a Clean Eating or Paleo Lifestyle as well as for people who are allergic to or intolerant to Gluten.
Breakfast Quinoa with Blueberries, Coconut & Walnuts
Serves 1 - 2
- 1 cup almond milk (or water for a nut-free version)
- ½ cup organic quinoa, rinsed
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons raw or organic honey (organic maple syrup would also work)
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts (omit for a nut-free version)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut (or flakes)
- ¼ cup blueberries
- Bring milk, quinoa and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Turn heat to low and simmer, covered for 15 minutes, or until the water is fully absorbed.
- While quinoa is cooking, toast the coconut and walnuts in a dry fry pan for a few minutes until browned.
- Remove quinoa from heat and cover with a tea towel or napkin and rest for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and spoon into bowels.
- To serve add the coconut, walnuts, blueberries and drizzle with honey.
Ness is a qualified nutritionist, a life & wellness coach in-training, and a mother of two gorgeous and extremely energetic toddlers. She has created Becomingness, a health and wellness website, to help women achieve their health and wellness goals by providing accurate, accessible and attractive products and services that promote motivation, empowerment, self-belief and happiness. Come say hello and follow Ness on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Pinterest.