I had my first breakfast salad earlier this year when I had a weekend away with my besties.
I had heard a lot about breakfast salads, but never had gotten around to making one. Don’t make the same mistake as me – go make one this week! Let me tell you they are packed full of nutritious ingredients, they taste amazing, and this one is fairly easy to make.
I found an amazing hollandaise recipe over at Paleo Cupboard which is dairy free, and really easy to make – so long as you have a good blender.
I also have found a great way to poach eggs, so I will share that with you also – check the method below.
This breakfast salad is also perfect if you are following a Keto lifestyle – you get a running start to your vegetable intake for the day, and getting some great fats in while avoiding all of the refined carbohydrates that often define a western breakfast.
- 1 – 2 cups baby spinach
- 50 grams smoked salmon
- 1/2 small avocado, sliced
- 4 – 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 poached eggs (check out my favourite method HERE)
- 3 eggs yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- To make the hollandaise sauce: place the egg yolks, lemon juice, sea salt, paprika and pepper in a blender and mix for 10-15 seconds. Then slowly pour the coconut oil into the blender (make sure it is set to medium or high speed) and continue mixing until the sauce thickens up.
- To make the salad: place all the ingredients onto plate or bowl and drizzle with the hollandaise sauce.
- Serve and enjoy