My fascination with quinoa continues with week with my latest creation – Chocolate Banana Breakfast Quinoa.
I have to say that this is my favourite breakfast quinoa combination to date, and I have already had it for breakfast several times.
It is safe to say that I am big chocolate fan and to be honest, I can’t really live without it (and why should I!) But I do want to find healthier alternatives. So when I made this recipe and tasted it for the first time, I knew that I was onto a winner.
- 1/2 cup organic quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup almond milk (or water for nut free version)
- 1/2 banana, mashed plus extra slices for topping
- 2 teaspoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon honey or organic maple syrup
- Bring almond milk (or water), quinoa to a boil in a medium saucepan
- Turn heat to low and simmer, covered for 15 minutes, or until the water is fully absorbed
- Remove from heat
- Cover with a tea towel or napkin and rest for 5 minutes
- Add mashed banana, cacao and your sweetener and mix through well.
- Serve with sliced banana
PIN FOR LATER