This Chocolate Chia Pecan Pie is a definitely a wow factor pie. I first saw the recipe on This Rawsome Vegan Life and knew that I had to make it. I have changed the name as think it has more of a chocolate flavour than a caramel flavour. It is a great dessert to make it you have guest coming over for dinner. They will want to get the recipe from you.
Chocolate Chia Pecan Pie
Serves 8 - 10
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup cashew
- 1 cup dates
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 & 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons chia seeds mixed with 12 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder or essence
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
- 2 tablespoons nut butter
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pulse nuts in your food processor until they are crumb-sized.
- Add dates and sea salt and process until the crust sticks together.
- Place crust into the bottom of a pie dish and press firmly so it is fairly even around the base and edges. Then put the dish into the fridge.
- Process all ingredients, omitting 1/2 cup of raisins, until they are smooth.
- Stir in the remaining raisins by hand and then pour the mixture into your crust.
- Set in the fridge.
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth and then pour onto the pie.
- Decorate the top with pecans and pepita seeds.
Vanessa Vickery (or Ness as she is also known) is a qualified nutritionist and a mother of two energetic toddlers. She created Becomingness, a health and wellness website, to help women achieve their health and wellness goals by providing accurate, accessible information, as well as offering valuable products and services that promote motivation, empowerment, self-belief and happiness. Come say hello and follow Ness on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Pinterest.