This Chocolate Chia Pecan Pie is a definitely a wow factor pie.
I first saw the recipe on This Rawsome Vegan Life and knew that I had to make it. I have changed the name as think it has more of a chocolate flavour than a caramel flavour. It is a great dessert to make it you have guests coming over for dinner. They will want to get the recipe from you.
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup cashew
- 1 cup dates
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 & 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons chia seeds mixed with 12 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder or essence
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
- 2 tablespoons nut butter
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pulse nuts in your food processor until they are crumb-sized.
- Add dates and sea salt and process until the crust sticks together.
- Place crust into the bottom of a pie dish and press firmly so it is fairly even around the base and edges. Then place the dish into the fridge to set.
- Process all ingredients, omitting 1/2 cup of raisins, until they are smooth.
- Stir in the remaining raisins by hand and then pour the mixture into your crust.
- Place back in the fridge.
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth and then pour onto the pie.
- Decorate the top with pecans and pepita seeds.