After my sharing my Banana Mug Cake recipe with you, I decided that I wanted to try and make a Chocolate Mug Cake. The first one I made was a little dry, so I reduced the amount of coconut flour in my second attempt and it turned out really moist. I was going to sit on the recipe and share it a bit later, but I decided that I couldn't do that to you, it's too nice and too easy not to share straight away!
This chocolate mug cake literally takes 5 minutes to make - 3 minutes to prepare and 3 minutes to cook. It is also gluten, dairy and refined sugar free. You can't go wrong with that!
Chocolate Mug Cake
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder (or extract)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon raw/organic honey
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons almond milk (or any other milk)
- Add the dry ingredients (coconut flour, cacao powder, baking powder) to a large mug and mix.
- Add the melted coconut oil and honey; combining with the dry ingredients.
- Add the remainder of the wet ingredients; mixing well to combine. (The mixture can get a bit stuck on the sides, so make sure you scrape the sides down)
- Microwave for 2 minutes or until cooked through (the mug cake should be soft and springy to touch).
Vanessa Vickery (or Ness as she is also known) is a qualified nutritionist and a mother of two energetic toddlers. She created Becomingness, a health and wellness website, to help women achieve their health and wellness goals by providing accurate, accessible information, as well as offering valuable products and services that promote motivation, empowerment, self-belief and happiness. Come say hello and follow Ness on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Pinterest.