Welcome to my Christmas Recipe Countdown, where each day leading up to Christmas, I will be sharing recipes from some of my Friday Foodies, as well as a few from myself.
Be prepared for healthy, mouth watering recipes that will help you to cater for all your festive season parties, dinners and get together’s. Each recipe is gluten, dairy and refined sugar free.
On day 23 of my countdown, I am featuring Raw Mini Christmas Puddings from Jessica Donovan of Energetic Mama.
What Jessica says:
“These delicious Christmas puddings are the perfect end to your Christmas meal. Light and nutritious with all of your favourite pudding flavours and they are super easy to make.”
Jessica featured as my Friday Foodie back in September, where she shared her lamb and eggplant patties with carrot & pistachio salad recipe.
- 8 medjool dates
- 150g dried apricots (sulphur free)
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Blitz dates and apricots in a high speed blender, remove into a mixing bowl and add orange zest, juice and spices.
- Blend nuts until small pieces (I like to leave some texture). Mix nuts with wet mixture and press into mini muffin moulds
- Put in the fridge for a couple of hours, remove carefully, leave upside down and top with melted white chocolate and a fresh raspberry.
More about Jessica
Jessica Donovan is a woman’s holistic health expert who helps mums get their sparkle back and become a more energetic, calm and joyful version of themselves. She is a one stop shop for all things nutrition, stress and hormone related. Jessica combines her deep naturopathic knowledge with a realistic, empathetic, inspiring and down to earth approach to empower women to look after themselves and take charge of their own wellbeing.
You can check out her website and programs here: