Coconut Rough is really easy to whip up and is made with only four ingredients. Best of all, both my kids LOVE it!
- 1 + 1/2 cups shredded organic coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 2 – 3 tablespoons rice malt syrup or pure maple syrup OR to make it Keto add 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon organic liquid stevia (depending on your sweetness level) instead
- Place shredded coconut in a fry pan on medium heat and cook for 5 minutes until lightly golden and toasted.
- To make the chocolate mixture, melt the coconut oil in a saucepan on low heat. Once melted, remove from heat, add the maple syrup, whisking briskly until well combined. Then add the cacao powder, stirring until well mixed through.
- Place the shredded coconut into the saucepan and stir through the chocolate mixture. Spread evenly on a lined baking tray and place in the freezer for 30 – 60 minutes to set.
- Slice in desired sized pieces and serve. I recommend storing in the freezer to keep it firm.
- I ended up putting 3 tablespoons of rice malt syrup in my chocolate mixture. If you use maple syrup, then 2 tablespoons may be enough.
- The cook time does not allow the time for the coconut rough to set in the freezer, approximately 30-60 minutes.