I was asked over on Facebook, if I was able to share my version of Sarah Wilson's Raspberry Ripple.
Sarah's version is made with butter, so I substituted butter with coconut oil to make my version dairy free, as well as gluten and refined sugar free.
Dairy Free Raspberry Ripe
Serves 2 - 4
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup raw cacao
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup (raw honey pure maple syrup also works well)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (coconut flakes works well also)
- 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan on low heat
- Add the cacao and your choice of sweetener and stir till it is well combined and the sweetener has melted. It usually takes around 5 minutes and I whisk it to make sure that it combined well.
- Arrange the raspberries and coconut on a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray or plate
- Pour the mixture over the top and mix through the raspberries and coconut with a fork
- Place in the freezer for approximately 30 minutes
- When it is firm you can slice it or break into shards
Vanessa Vickery (or Ness as she is also known) is a qualified nutritionist and a mother of two energetic toddlers. She created Becomingness, a health and wellness website, to help women achieve their health and wellness goals by providing accurate, accessible information, as well as offering valuable products and services that promote motivation, empowerment, self-belief and happiness. Come say hello and follow Ness on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Pinterest.