Ferrero Rocher is my all time favourite store-bought chocolate!
I am pretty sure that it is (or was) most peoples’ favourite. I used to love getting a box of these at Christmas time.
But that is a thing of the past these days and I have to say that I did miss having them.
So, when I created a healthier version for my eCookbook BecomingSweet, I was pretty stoked.
My Ferrero Rocher Cups are dairy and refined sugar free and are fairly easy to make.
The fiddliest part of the recipe, would have to be taking the skins off the roasted hazelnuts. Other than that, it is nice and easy.
These will definitely impress your family and friends.
One tip though!! They won’t last long after you make them.
- 100 grams raw hazelnuts
- 1.5 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tablespoons organic maple syrup (rice malt syrup or raw/organic honey would also work)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup (rice malt syrup or raw/organic honey would also work)
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 20 toasted hazelnuts
- To make the chocolate coating, melt the coconut oil in saucepan on low heat. Once melted, add the maple syrup (or honey), whisking until well combined. Then add the cacao powder, stirring well until well mixed through.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Once the oven has heated, place the hazelnuts in a single layer on the baking tray and bake for about 5 to 8 minutes until the skins have darkened and are easy to remove. Rub the hazelnuts between your hands or in a tea towel to remove as much of the skins as possible. Don’t stress if you cant get all the skin off. Place the hazelnuts into a high-speed blender and process until they have been processed into a smooth paste. Add in all of the other ingredients and process until combined and smooth. Refrigerate for 30 minutes
- To make the Ferro Rochers cups, spoon 1 teaspoon chocolate into each liner and place in freezer for 10 minutes to set. Once set, next, spoon 1 teaspoon hazelnut mixture into each and smooth with the back of a spoon. Cover with chocolate and place hazelnut on top. Freeze for 1 hour.
- I recommend storing these in the freezer. Allow to thaw slightly before eating.
The cook time does not include the time it takes for this recipe to set in the refrigerator.