- 500g lamb mince
- 1 eggplant
- 100g feta
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Carrot and pistachio salad
- 6 carrots
- 1 handful of fresh herbs such as parsley, mint and/or basil
- 2 tablespoons of currants or sultanas
- 80g pistachios, shelled
- juice of 1 lemon
- Splash of olive oil
- Cut the eggplant into small cubes and roast in the oven with a little olive oil for 10 -15 minutes on 180 degrees.
- Meanwhile mix together the lamb, crumbled feta, lemon zest, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Add the eggplant once cooked.
- Form into patties with your hands and grill for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Lightly roast the pistachios in a moderate oven for 5 – 10 minutes. Once cool, chop them coarsely.
- Grate the carrots and finely chop the herbs.
- Mix all ingredients in a salad bowl, add the pistachios just before serving.