- 2 grassfed eye fillets
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 5 radishes, quartered
- 1 handful sweetpeas, halved lengthways
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/4 red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, crushed
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 + 1/2 cups fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander
- 100g baby spinach
- 1 + 1/2 Tbls tamarind paste
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbls fish sauce
- 1 Tbls honey
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing, mix well and set aside.
- Heat a pan on high until almost smoking. Brush the eye fillets with olive oil and fry on one side for 2 minutes then turn them and cook for another 1 minute, then remove from the pan, cover with foil and allow to rest before seasoning with salt and pepper and slicing thinly.
- Combine the radishes, sweetpeas, carrot, cabbage, red pepper, basil, mint, baby spinach and coriander in a bowl and toss well. Place the salad ingredients over a serving platter, then place the thinly sliced beef over and top with crushed peanuts and sliced chilli.
- Drizzle with tamarind dressing just before serving.