I have been meaning to share a few more gluten free breads on Becomingness, as I realised recently, that, I don’t actually have to many on my site.
So for my latest bread recipe, I bring you my Gluten and Nut Free Apple Bread.
This is a really easy to make recipe and tastes amazing.
I added some rice malt syrup to sweeten it a little, however it is totally optional. So, if you are trying to avoid sweeteners, then just leave it out.
This Apple Bread smells amazing while it is baking in the oven. So good!!! You will be wanting the oven to hurry up, so you can eat it.
I also have a nut free banana bread recipe available which is really tasty!
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (canned variety)
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup (optional)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (plus extra for greasing)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups of peeled and diced apple (I used 3-4 Pink Lady apples, depending on size)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
- Add tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt to a large mixing bowl, combine well. Next, add the whisked eggs coconut milk, rice malt syrup (if using), coconut oil and vanilla extract, whisking well to combine. Finally, fold the apples through the mixture.
- Then spoon the mixture into a greased and lined bread tin and cook for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center, comes out clean.
- Set aside in the pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool for 60 minutes