This is a great breakfast that you can prepare in bulk and have it available for the week. I often have it as a snack during the day.
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3 cups coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups nuts and seeds roughly chopped. I used a mixture of almonds, cashews, pecans, walnuts and pepitas
- 3 tablespoons rice malt or organic maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 120 C.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl,
- Spread evenly on baking paper on a tray and bake for about 15-20 minutes, until golden.
- I would suggest turning 1-2 times during cooking.
- Let it cool and then enjoy with some greek yoghurt and mixed berries
Note: If you are dairy free, simply omit the greek yoghurt. If you are gluten free, you can have it with gluten free oats or you can simply omit the oats. But make sure that you reduce the coconut oil to two tablespoons.
Vanessa Vickery (or Ness as she is also known) is a qualified nutritionist and a mother of two energetic toddlers. She created Becomingness, a health and wellness website, to help women achieve their health and wellness goals by providing accurate, accessible information, as well as offering valuable products and services that promote motivation, empowerment, self-belief and happiness. She is also the author of the eCookbook, BecomingSweet – say yes to dessert again! Come say hello and follow Ness on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Pinterest.