Granola makes a really breakfast that you can prepare in bulk and have it available for the week. I often have it as a snack during the day.
It goes really well with coconut or Greek yoghurt.
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3 cups coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups nuts and seeds roughly chopped. I used a mixture of almonds, cashews, pecans, walnuts and pepitas
- 3 tablespoons rice malt or organic maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 120 C.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl,
- Spread evenly on baking paper on a tray and bake for about 15-20 minutes, until golden.
- I would suggest turning 1-2 times during cooking.
- Let it cool and then enjoy with some Greek or coconut yoghurt and mixed berries
If you are gluten free, you can have it with gluten free oats or you can simply omit the oats. But make sure that you reduce the coconut oil to two tablespoons.