Mother's Day is the day to tell your mum how wonderful she is and how much you care about her. I have a fantastic mum who has always been there for my sister and I. She raised us to always go after our dreams and never give up.
One skill that I learned from my mother is how to cook. My mum is an amazing cook and this has had a big role in shaping my passion for cooking. I hope to be as good a mum to my children as she was (and still is) to my sister and I - and I hope I keep my kids just as well fed!
There are so many wonderful things that you can do for your mum this Sunday. You don't need to spend a lot of money to show your mum how much you care.
Here are my top suggestions for gifts and activities that your mum will love:
- Go for a walk along the beach, mountains or somewhere with an amazing view.
- Take your mum out for a picnic. You can buy lunch or even better, you can make lunch. My tops picks for food to make for a picnic include Warm Chicken Salad, Zucchini & Sweet Potato Slice and Raw Caramel Slice.
- Make breakfast in bed. Banana and Coconut Pancakes or Banana Oatcakes would be my top choices for a special breakfast.
- Put together a photo album or picture frame with your favourite photos of your mum.
- Make your own Mother's day card or even a card from the grandchildren.
- Buy her a voucher for a massage or beauty treatment.
- Buy her a bunch of flowers. There is nothing like receiving a bunch of beautiful flowers!
- Write a letter telling your mum how much you care about her and what your favourite memories with her are.
- Give your mum some time out to enjoy a long bath or to read a book.
I would love you to share your favourite Mother's day memories. What did you give or receive that made it so special?