Chicken Wings feature heavily in the Becomingness kitchen.
You can play around with different marinades or spice rubs and best of all they are quite cheap to buy.
I got the marinade idea for these Honey Garlic Chicken Wings from The Paleo Mom and decided that I had create a Becomingness version.
I like to cook chicken wings in my turbo oven.
Turbo ovens are so much easier to clean than ovens. But for this recipe, I used the oven.
My preferred method is to bake the chicken wings in the marinade for 1 hour and then place them on a wire rack in the baking dish for a further 10 minutes to dry them out.
Make sure you have a wire rack that fits inside your baking dish or tray.
If you are after some more baked chicken wing recipes, I also have a Crispy Chicken Wing recipe that is really tasty and is flavoured with garlic, butter and chives.
P.S. Serve with my Garlic Butter Sweet Potato Fries and a salad for complete mealPrint
- 2 kgs chicken wings
- 1/3 cup raw or organic honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Add honey, lemon juice, water, coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder and ginger to a small pot on medium-high heat
- Once it starts to simmer, turn the temperature down to low and let simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool completely.
- Place chicken wings in a baking dish and pour the cooled marinade over the top. Place in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 2 hours, making sure you stir the chicken wings in the marinade a few times.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Bake chicken wings (in the marinade) for 60 minutes, turning once. If you are after drier wings, then place on a wire rack set in a baking tray (or pan) for a further 10 minutes, 5 minutes each side.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Serve with my Garlic Butter Sweet Potato Fries and a salad for complete meal.
- Cook time does not include the time is takes to marinate the chicken wings.