These pumpkin & zucchini fritters are perfect either as a snack or as a main meal served with a salad.
They are gluten, dairy and full of healthy wholefoods plus nfused with cilantro and thyme essential oils. I love to make a big batch of these on the weekend to enjoy over a few days.
This recipe comes courtesy from my ebook “Summer Essential Foods” which I co-created with Chantal Roelofs.
“Summer Essential Foods – Healthy Wholefoods Infused with Essential Oils and a Whole lot of Heart” is an e-book packed with ideas on how to use dōTERRA range of oils, which are safe to use in cooking.
It contains 17 of Chantal and my favourite “infused” recipes which we have developed for ourselves and for our Vibrant Infused Cooking classes that we hold.
There are appetizers, mains and desserts covered in this ebook plus information on how to cook with essential oils.
Some of the recipes that you will find in this book include:
- Rosemary spelt breadsticks
- Chicken, coriander & black pepper bites
- Vietnamese prawn & noodle salad
- Raw choc orange bites
- Flourless almond cake with citrus drizzle
So back to my pumpkin & zucchini fritters!
I love how easy these fritters are to make and that you can enjoy them as either a snack or appetizer or as part of a main meal.
These fritters tick all the boxes as well, they are gluten free, dairy free and suitable for keto, lchf and paleo.
If you make this recipe, please let me know. I would love to see your creations over on social media land.
PIN FOR LATER
These pumpkin & zucchini fritters are perfect either as a snack or as a main meal
served with a salad. They are gluten, dairy and suitable for keto/lchf plus they are
infused with cilantro and thyme essential oils. I love to make a big batch of these on
the weekend to enjoy over a few days.
- 500 grams zucchini, grated
- 500 grams kent pumpkin, grated
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 drop dōTERRA cilantro oil (or 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped)
- 1 drop dōTERRA thyme oil (or 1 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped)
- 2-4 tablespoons coconut oil (for cooking)
1. Add grated zucchini and grated pumpkin to a colander, add a pinch of sea salt, mixing through the zucchini and pumpkin. Let sit for at least 15 minutes, then squeeze out as much excess moisture as possible.
2. Add to a large bowl with the remaining ingredients (except the coconut oil), mixing thoroughly.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to a medium fry pan on low-moderate heat. Using a soup spoon, scoop out a heaped spoon of the fritter mixture and place in the fry pan and flatten a little. Place as many as you want in the fry pan, making sure the edges don’t touch. (I made my fritters around 6-7cm diameter).
4. Cook for a few minutes on each side, until lightly golden and drain on paper towels.
5. Then repeat until you use up all the fritter mixture. You may need to add more coconut oil in between batches.
6. Serve with a salad or enjoy on their own as a snack.