This Quinoa Salad is inspired by several of the salads in Pete Evan's cookbook Healthy Every Day. I didn't have the ingredients to make one particular salad, so I decided to make my own and use different components from some of his recipes. The end result was absolutely delicious and I am happy that I can share it with you.
This recipe is for one person so adjust accordingly if you are making for more than one.
Quinoa Salad with Roast Pumpkin, Avocado & Cherry Tomato
- ½ cup quinoa
- 100 grams pumpkin, skin removed
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- ½ avocado
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Peel, cube and place pumpkin on a baking tray, lined with baking paper. Lightly spray with Olive Oil and bake at 190° C for about 60 minutes or until cooked. Let cool for a few minutes
- Place the quinoa in a small saucepan with 1 cup of water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the water has been absorbed. Set aside to cool
- Cut the tomatoes into halves or quarters
- Cut the avocado into small pieces
- To make the dressing, add the sesame seeds, coconut vinegar and olive oil to a bowl and mix
- To serve, add the quinoa, pumpkin, avocado and tomatoes to a plate.
- Top with the dressing and enjoy
Ness is a qualified nutritionist, a life & wellness coach in-training, and a mother of two gorgeous and extremely energetic toddlers. She has created Becomingness, a health and wellness website, to help women achieve their health and wellness goals by providing accurate, accessible and attractive products and services that promote motivation, empowerment, self-belief and happiness. Come say hello and follow Ness on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Pinterest.