Raspberry coconut rough is a recipe you need to make now! Made with only 5 ingredients and takes no time to prepare!
- 1 cup shredded coconut organic coconut
- 1 cup fresh raspberries (125 grams punnet)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 2-3 tablespoons pure maple syrup or rice malt syrup (or to make it keto friendly, add 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon organic liquid stevia)
- Lightly toast the shredded coconut in a small fry pan on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- To make the chocolate mixture, melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan on low heat. Once melted, remove from heat, add the sweetener, whisking briskly until well combined. Then add the cacao powder, stirring until well combined.
- Roughly chop the raspberries and place with the shredded coconut into the saucepan and stir through the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into a lined square baking tin (or spread evenly on lined baking tray) and place in the freezer for 30-60 minutes to set.
- Slice in desired pieces and serve.
- I recommend storing in the freezer to keep firm.
- If you use frozen raspberries, you need to thaw out first and remove the excess moisture, otherwise the recipe may not set properly.
- The cook time does not allow the time for the coconut rough to set in the freezer, approximately 30-60 minutes.