Do you have days where you want to eat cake but don’t want the associated guilt?
Then look no further than my Raspberry Mug Cake. It is the perfect dessert in so many ways, delicious, healthy and only takes a few minutes to make.
I discovered mug cakes a few years ago after seeing them regularly mentioned on one of the healthy eating Facebook forums that I was following. I have made quite a few different flavour combinations, including chocolate mug cake and banana mug cake.
Which one is your favourite?
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/4 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons almond milk (or coconut milk for a nut free alternative)
- Add the dry ingredients (cinammon, coconut flour, baking powder) to a medium (or large size) mug and mix.
- Add the melted coconut oil and honey and combine with the dry ingredients.
- Add the remainder of the wet ingredients and mix well. (The mixture can get a bit stuck on the sides, so make sure you scrap the sides down)
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through (the mug cake should be soft and springy to touch).