Raw Caramel Slice Bites is the best raw dessert ever. You can beat the combo of the date, macadamias and coconut base layer with the gooey caramel layer and the chocolate layer on top. So delicious!!
Raw caramel slice is my favourite dessert ever!! It is one of the very first recipes that I shared on Becomingness and it always has been at the top of my favourite desserts list!
So, yesterday, I decided to make yet another variation, which are these Raw Caramel Slice Bites.
These are just WOW!
They are the reason that I have now officially declared raw caramel slice my favourite dessert ever.
You cannot beat it!
I absolutely love the combination of the date, macadamia and coconut base layer with the gooey caramel layer and the chocolate layer on top.
The reason I made them into smaller bite size pieces is in response to a question I am asked sometimes about how to cut my raw slices without the chocolate cracking on top.
It does not always happen. But when it does, it can be frustrating. Especially, when you are serving them to guests. Yep, that has happened to me before.
A few tips on that….
I always make sure that the layers are completely frozen before I cut the slice and I also use a very hot knife to cut the slice.
I have made it even easier now, with these raw caramel slice bites.
It does require a little extra preparation, due to dividing each mixture 24 times (I just use a teaspoon to do that). But, it is really worth it.
Other recipes to try:
- 1/2 cup macadamias
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup macadamias
- 7 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- To make the base layer, add the ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor and blend until it resembles fine crumbs and sticks together when pressed. Spoon mixture into a 24 mini muffin pan (see note below) and press down with the back of a teaspoon. Place it in the freezer.
- To make the caramel layer, add the ingredients to a high speed blender and process until completely combined and smooth. Spoon the mixture onto the bases and smooth over with the back of a teaspoon (see note below) and place back into the freezer for at least 1 hour to set.
- To make the chocolate layer, melt the coconut oil in saucepan on low heat. Once melted, remove from heat and add the sweetener. Whisk briskly until well combined. Then add the cacao powder, stirring until well mixed through. Pour the chocolate on top of the caramel layer and place back into the freezer and let it set completely, approximately 3-4 hours. Once frozen, they are much easier to remove.
- I keep mine store in the freezer in an air tight container and remove them a few minutes before serving/eating.
I recommend using either a mini silicon muffin tray or cut out little strips of baking paper to use as tabs at the bottom of the regular mini muffin tray, to make it easier to remove them from the muffin tray.
Cook time does not include the time it takes for the raw caramel slice bites to freeze — approximately 3-4 hours, depending on the temperature of your freezer.