Tomorrow we are travelling to see my family in Port Stephens and so I have been putting together a selection of healthy foods that we can take with us for the long road trip.
I had to make something that was not only healthy as well as gluten and dairy free, but it also has to be be nut free as my daughter has a tree nut allergy.
So I came up with these Raw Cranberry Date Bars and I knew that I was onto a winner as my children were begging me to eat them before I had the chance to photograph them.
These Raw Cranberry Date Bars are super easy to make and make the perfect snack to take on a road trip or to put in your child’s lunch box.
They are gluten, dairy, nut and refined sugar free and are suitable for paleo and vegan lifestyles.
- 12 medjool dates
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor or high-speed blender and process until all the ingredients are chopped into small pieces and sticks together.
- Place the mixture onto a large sheet of plastic wrap and and shape into a rectangle shape using your hands. You want to ensure that the rectangle is quite thick and dense.
- Cover tightly with the cling wrap and place into the refrigerator for approximately 2 hours to firm up.
- Remove from the refrigerator and cut into bars.
Cook time does not include the time it takes for the raw cranberry date bars to firm — approximately 2 hours, depending on the temperature of your refrigerator.