I was recently sent a bag of macadamias from Australian Macadamias (which I am truly grateful for) and I have compiled a list of recipes that I would like to create and share with my readers.
For my first recipe, I bring you this Raw Peach & Macadamia Cream Tart. I have combined some of the elements from my Raw Lemon Tart and Raw Carrot Cake with one of my favourite summer fruits, peaches. This is the perfect summer raw tart that is gluten, dairy and refined sugar free!
This recipe suggests using cling wrap when preparing the base, as it makes life a whole lot easier.
However, if you are trying to avoid plastic, then you can press the mixture straight into the tart pan (or pie dish). You may find it harder to remove the base this way, so you may need to serve it from the pan. I also found that the base is quite soft and is best kept in the freezer. You may want to divide the recipe over two smaller tart pans as would keep the base a little firmer that way
In the meantime, hope you enjoy my latest creation.
- 12 medjool dates, pits removed
- 1 cup macadamias
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 2 cups macadamias, preferably soaked for 2–4 hours
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup organic maple syrup
- Water, as needed (I added 3/4 cup)
- 2–3 peaches, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- To make the crust, process the medjool dates, macadamias and dessicated coconut in a food processor or high speed blender until it resembles fine crumbs and sticks together when pressed. Place mixture into a tart pan or pie dish lined with cling wrap and press to form the crust. Place in the freezer for a minimum 6 hours, overnight preferably.
- To make the macadamia cream, blend all ingredients in your blender until smooth, adding in some water as needed. Then place in the refrigerator until the crust is ready.
- To assemble the tart, remove the crust from the tart pan (or pie dish), remove the cling wrap and place the macadamia cream in first, then top with the peaches. Then sprinkle the lemon juice over the top to keep the peaches fresh.
- Serve immediately, or store in the refrigerator to keep fresh.