This Raw Strawberry, Lemon & Macadamia Cheesecake is one of the very first raw desserts that I have ever made and have since made several times for friends and family. So it was only fitting that it has ended up as a dessert in my first ever mini eCookbook.
It tastes amazing, will really wow your guests, and best of all is suitable for paleo, vegan, primal, clean eating, gluten free, dairy free & egg free diets.
I would love know what you think when you make it. So, let me know on Facebook or in the comments below.
Raw Strawberry, Lemon & Macadamia Cheesecake
Serves 8 - 10
- 1 cup raw macadamias
- 12 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1½ cups raw macadamias
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw or organic honey (organic maple syrup would also work)
- 1 punnet fresh strawberries, plus an extra punnet for decorating and serving
- Place macadamias, medjool dates and sea salt in your blender or food processor and blend until the nuts are crushed and the mixture holds together.
- Scoop out crust mixture and press firmly into a 20cm spring-form pan and smooth out with the back of a spoon. Rinse blender or food processor well.
- Warm the coconut oil in a small pot on low heat until liquid, add the honey and whisk to combine.
- In the blender or food processor place all filling ingredients (except the strawberries) and blend on high until very smooth.
- Pour about 2/3 of the mixture onto the crust and smooth with the back of a spoon or a spatula and place in the freezer to set for 30 minutes.
- Add the strawberries to the remaining filling and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour onto the first layer of filling and place into the freezer until solid (approximately 1-2 hours).
- Remove from the freezer and slice with a warm knife.
- Serve with fresh strawberries.