This Raw Strawberry, Lemon & Macadamia Cheesecake is one of the very first raw desserts that I have ever made and have since made several times for friends and family.
- 1 cup raw macadamias
- 12 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1½ cups raw macadamias
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw or organic honey (organic maple syrup would also work)
- 1 punnet fresh strawberries, plus an extra punnet for decorating and serving
- Place macadamias, medjool dates and sea salt in your blender or food processor and blend until the nuts are crushed and the mixture holds together.
- Scoop out crust mixture and press firmly into a 20cm spring-form pan and smooth out with the back of a spoon. Rinse blender or food processor well.
- Warm the coconut oil in a small pot on low heat until liquid, add the honey and whisk to combine.
- In the blender or food processor place all filling ingredients (except the strawberries) and blend on high until very smooth.
- Pour about 2/3 of the mixture onto the crust and smooth with the back of a spoon or a spatula and place in the freezer to set for 30 minutes.
- Add the strawberries to the remaining filling and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour onto the first layer of filling and place into the freezer until solid (approximately 1-2 hours).
- Remove from the freezer and slice with a warm knife.
- Serve with fresh strawberries.
The cook time does not include the time it takes for the cheesecake to set in the freezer.