This simple grain free granola is made only with nuts and seeds and infused with essential oils. It is such an easy recipe low-carb to make and you can enjoy it for breakfast or as a snack.
I am always on the look out for amazing gluten free and grain healthy recipes.
Being a single mumma with my own business and also work commitments means that my recipes also need to be easy to make. When I am short on time I usually end up having either my choc nutty smoothie or just having a bulletproof coffee in the morning.
I also have been finding it hard some weeks to consistently follow a low-carb/keto eating plans. My kids, Giselle and Josh don’t always like to eat what I eat.
So, I decided to sign up to Reconditioned.Me which is a 8 week food, fitness & mindset program by Scott Gooding. I needed a bit of help sticking to a routine with my food and fitness.
It has been great so far! I have lost quite a bit of weight so far. The food is easy to make and filling. I am finding that I don’t snack a lot between meals either.
I cook very similar anyway, but it is great to have a meal plan to follow. Giselle and Josh are loving the recipes too.
This grain free granola recipe is one of the recipes of the program and I love it so much, I just had to share it on Becomingness.
What I love about this granola is that is so easy to make.
All you need to do is mix up the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, add your wet ingredients and essential oils in a small glass bowl, then pour into the large bowl, mixing well.
Then spread evenly onto two lined baking trays and place in the oven to cook.
I love using essential oils to flavour my food. They are so versatile and one bottle lasts a very long time as you only need a few drops for your recipe.
For this granola recipe, I have used cinnamon back and wild orange essential oils but if you don’t have essential oils, I have included the spices that Scott used in his original recipe.
This recipe has now become one of my go-to options when I am short on time, as I can make a big batch up which lasts for a few days.
If you wanted to purchase the essential oils used in this recipes, then check out this page.
Pin for later
This simple grain free Granola is made only with nuts and seeds and infused with essential oils. It is such an easy recipe low-carb to make and you can enjoy it for breakfast or as a snack.
- 2 cups of coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup macadamias
- 2 tablespoons linseeds
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- 3 drops cinnamon bark essential oil
- 6 drops wild orange essential oil
- 1 cup coconut yoghurt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (frozen berries works too)
- Pre-heat oven 180C/355F and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the coconut oil, maple syrup (if using) and the essential oils in a small glass bowl and then add to the dry ingredients, combine thoroughly.
- Spread the ingredients evenly across the two baking trays
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes, swapping the trays at the midway point.
- Remove and allow the granola to cool
- Serve with the yoghurt and blueberries
- If you don’t have essential oils, you can use 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 teaspoon all spice instead. Just add them with the dry ingredients.