So, I decided to make one and see.
WOW!! It was so so good! I ended up making two more that day. Whoops!
My Turmeric Hot Chocolate is one delicious drink and it is super healthy too.
Turmeric has amazing anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and gastrointestinal health benefits, largely due to curcumin, which is an antioxidant. I also added ginger, cinnamon and black pepper essential oils which give it such an amazing taste.
Ginger oil is is great for supporting gut health and Cinnamon oil supports a healthy metabolic function as well as maintaining a healthy immune system. Black pepper oil is known for its ability to help ward off environmental and seasonal threats.
And finally, raw cacao powder is a very high source of iron, is packed full of magnesium and is a natural mood elevator.
I usually make my hot drinks in my Thermomix, but I have also included the regular method in the recipes as well as alternatives if you do not own essential oils.
Turmeric Hot Chocolate
- 250 grams/1 cup almond milk
- 1 heaped tsp raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 toothpick cinnamon essential oil (or 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon)
- 1 toothpick ginger essential oil (or 1/4 tsp ground ginger)
- 1 toothpick black pepper essential oil (or 1/4 tsp ground black pepper)
- 1 tsp stevia (or your favourite sweetener, add more if needed)
- Add the almond milk to the Thermomix bowl and heat for 3 minutes/80 degrees/speed 2
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix for 20 seconds/speed 8 until nice and frothy.
- Heat the almond in a small saucepan on medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until just warmed.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until frothy.
Note: If you are using essential oils, you can add more than 1 toothpick of the cinnamon and ginger oils. Just adjust to suit your preferences.