My original version of this recipe can be found HERE.
Thermomix Red Lentil & Quinoa Soup
- 900 grams water
- Pinch of sea salt
- 100 grams organic quinoa, rinsed
- 1 large onion, halved
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons organic unsalted butter (olive oil would also work)
- 1 large carrot, roughly chopped
- 300 grams split red lentils
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin (or 1 drop cumin essential oil)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1250 grams water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock paste
- Juice of 2 - 3 lemons
- Optional - 4 drops lemon essential oil
To cook the Quinoa, add water and salt to the mixing bowl. Next, add the rinsed quinoa and place in the rice basket and put on the lid. Cook for 20 minutes/Varoma/speed 4. Empty basket into thermoserver.
To make the soup, first place onion and garlic into the mixing bowl and chop 3 seconds/speed 7.
Scrape down the sides with the spatula, then add the butter and saute for 4 minutes/100C/speed 1
Add the carrot and chop for 3 seconds/speed 7
Add the lentils, tumeric, cumin and sea salt and cook for 1 minutes/100C/speed 1
Add the water, stock paste and cook 30 minutes/100c/speed 1
When cooked, add the cooked quinoa and lemon juice and stir 10 seconds/3 (reverse mode)
NOTE - If using essential oils, then make sure you add them to the last step of the recipe with the cooked quinoa and lemon juice.