Raw Mousse Strawberry Slice
Makes 4 small tarts (approximately 12cm diameter)
- 14 medjool dates, pitted
- 140 grams shredded organic coconut
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil,melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 350 grams fresh strawberries (plus extra for serving), hulls remmoved
- 260 grams Coconut cream (I used 1 small Ayam Coconut cream can)
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon gelatine powder (I used great lakes gelatin from Optimoz) dissolved in 1/4 cup hot water
Line the tart tins with plastic wrap, making sure that they are placed loosely over the top.
To make the base layer: Add the base ingredients to the mixing bowl and process for 10 seconds/speed 7. Rinse the bowl.
Divide mixture evenly amongst the tins and press down to form the base. Place them in the freezer for 30-60 minutes to set.
To make the strawberry mousse layer, add the strawberries, coconut cream, rice malt syrup and dissolved gelatine powder to the mixing bowl and process 15 sec/speed 8.
Spoon mixture into the four tarts and place into the refrigerator for 1 hour to set.
Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve with the extra strawberries.